Regular Meeting Minutes
First Floor Conference Room 148
A. Preliminary Business
Roll Call - The
meeting was called to order at Present were Chair
Jim Vaché, Member Paul Zellinsky, and Member Laquita Fields. Also in attendance: Executive Director,
2. Approval of Agenda - Motion was made, seconded and passed to approve the agenda with an addition of Board review of a request to pre-approve similar contracts.
Chair Vaché asked that Board Staff add discussion about providing clear guidance to others in Board stipulation and orders.
B. Proposed Stipulations and Orders
1. EEB Case No. 01-14 (VanderSluis) – At the April 11th meeting, the Board tabled their decision in this matter. The Executive Director provided copies of the agency’s preliminary investigation report in this matter.
Results: After considering the matter in closed session, the Board accepted the proposed stipulation and order without modification.
EEB Case No. 01-80
(McNair) – The Board’s Investigator,
Results: After considering the matter in closed session, the Board accepted the stipulation and order without modification.
EEB Case No. 01-25
(Portin) - The Board’s Investigator,
Results: After considering the matter in closed session, the Board
accepted the proposed stipulation and order without modification and Chair Vaché
signed the letter of instruction to
C. Advisory Opinions
Advice Request No. 01-247,
Advice Request No. 03-019, Modification to the Union Use of
Facilities Opinion –
E. Policy Review (Taken out of order)
Contract Approval Request # 03-3-0310-005, (
1. Policy Review Request 03-007, Office of the Attorney General, “Use of State Resources” - The Board members were uncomfortable approving a policy with a reference to another agency policy that has not been approved by the Board. The Board tabled the request pending official receipt of the Attorney General’s Internet Services Use policy.
2. Policy Review Request 03-009, Employment Security Department, “Use of Department Information Technology” – Motion was made and seconded to approve the policy as written.
D. Executive or Closed Session (and working lunch)
At , the Board moved into closed and executive session to consider complaints against public officials and to discuss pending litigation with counsel. The Board, Board Counsel, Board Staff, and Staff Counsel attended the executive session. The Board then moved into closed session to deliberate quasi-judicial matters. The Board and Board counsel attended the closed session.
After reconvening the public session at , the Board members took the following actions:
(a) Accepted the proposed stipulation and order in EEB Case 01-14,
(b) Accepted the proposed stipulation and order in EEB Case 01-80, and
(c) Accepted the proposed stipulation and order in EEB Case 01-25 and signed the appropriate documents.
F. Staff Report
Budget update -
3. Case status update and review - The Board reviewed a graphic representation of the current case status, including pending cases.
A. Public Comment/Board Member Comments
H. Miscellaneous Matters/Adjournment
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at